TWTLC Reopening Wednesday 2nd December
Click here for latest update
LTA Region: Kent
Hours: 35 per week (to include some evenings and some Saturday mornings)
Salary: Up to £37,500 FTE depending on skills and experience
Date posted: 19 November 2020
Closing date: 14 December 2020
Tunbridge Wells Lawn Tennis Club is one of the oldest Clubs in the country and one of the largest in the South East of England, founded in 1899. We offer an unrivalled location nestled in the heart of Tunbridge Wells in Kent and close to Sussex. We have 21 courts comprising eight beautiful grass courts, six artificial clay and seven carefully maintained tarmac courts. Additionally, twelve of our courts are floodlit. We are a progressive and sociable club with a thriving adult and junior membership, offering regular mix-ins, coaching and internal competitions for all levels of members. We enter around 24 teams in the Kent
and Maidstone Leagues, both in summer and winter and host various internal and external tournaments and junior match plays throughout the year. We are a CASC-registered club with around 950 members and a well-established coaching programme.
We are seeking a creative and committed Club Manager who is able to demonstrate clear leadership skills and be responsible for the efficient and profitable management of the Club, whilst providing a friendly and positive experience for members and visitors alike.
The successful candidate will:
• Lead a team of 5, ensuring high performance from all members of staff, and have oversight of casual staff and self-employed coaches. Effective leadership and management techniques essential.
• Have exceptional inter-personal skills with members and visitors to the Club and act as an ambassador for the Club at all times.
• Work within a committee structure to further develop and implement the Club’s business plan.
• Have clear financial acumen and the ability to assist in the delivery of monthly and annual accounts.
• Sound knowledge of Excel spreadsheets is a requirement, experience of QuickBooks accounting software (or a similar accounting package) is desirable.
• Be willing to maximise all potential income streams and recognise and implement any development opportunities, whilst operating within defined budgets.
• Possess good all-round IT skills, including working with a club or similar database software system, having the ability to update and develop the Club’s website, intranet and social media accounts.
• Draft management and other reports, policies and simple contracts as required and ensure that the Club is digitally current.
• Have good knowledge of Health and Safety and Employment laws relevant to clubs, ensuring a safe and legal working and playing environment for all.
Applicants are invited to send a covering letter together with an up to date CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Tunbridge Wells Lawn Tennis Club
Please also provide details of 2 people we can contact for references. One must be your current or most recent employer (no approach will be made before an offer of employment is made). We will also require a DBS check once an offer of employment is made.