IMPORTANT SUMMER TEAM SELECTION INFORMATION
With Summer Team Selection time nearly upon us, we would like all members who wish to be considered for a team (whether or not you are currently playing for a team) to register on our website Events page. Please also register if you are a new member interested in playing.
The matches take place between April and August and generally each team will play 4-5 matches. Each match is expected to last around 3-3.5 hours (excluding travel to away matches). TWLTC enters Summer Teams in the following leagues:
Men’s Doubles, Ladies Doubles and Mixed Doubles (these are weekend fixtures played at TWLTC and away clubs within the county).
Ladies Midweek Doubles (these are midweek daytime fixtures played at TWLTC and away clubs within the county).
Ladies Doubles and Mixed Combi Doubles (these are midweek evening fixtures usually played Monday and Wednesday at 6.30pm at TWLTC and away clubs in the Maidstone district. This means leaving TWLTC at around 5.30pm).
All players wishing to be part of a team or a reserve MUST express their interest by posting on our website Events page by Friday 26th January.
If you would like to be considered for a team or reserve place then please:
1. Visit the Events page of our website
2. Put your name down in the appropriate team selection posting and indicate if you will be a team captain.
3. If you cannot commit to the full season but would like to be considered as a reserve player, please specify “reserve player only”
4. If you change your mind after signing up, please re-post with your new intentions
5. You can sign up for multiple teams under the correct posting.
DO NOT EMAIL THE CLUB PLEASE
Kent League team selections will be made collectively by:
Men’s Captain – James Charman, Ladies’ Captains – Heather Cowie and Liz Grove (joint) and Mixed Captain – Jason Baker.
If you have any questions, please email any one of the captains as instructed in Baselines or contact the office for further details.